Why, Georgia Why?

If you didn't get that title I just created (Up arrow!), It's lyrics for the song Why Georgia by John Mayer in the album "Room For Squares" . I also noticed recently that John Mayer has released a new album called "Battle Studios". It is quite good, even though he does cover a few great songs. My favorite on that album is the song CrossRoads, which is a cover of the original by Eric Clapton.

Anyway, I'm not here to talk about John Mayer. (Or am I? [cue spooky music!]).
I'm not though. Seriously. I was just thinking yesterday, when I was drumming, why do I like music? Why do I drum?

Well I looked for the answer, and trust me, I still don't have full details, but still I think I might have something.

I drum because, well, because it's just plain fun, and i don't have to really try that hard. It somewhat comes naturally to me, and I love playing. Anyway, not many other people play the drums and it's like a single thing that no one can touch. Not only does a small amount of people play, but no one can play exactly like another person, which makes me like a snowflake, a complete original.

That's probably why I drum, because it isolates me from the rest of the world and there is no one but me and my drums, always playing a beat to my own life, my own little soundtrack.

There real question is, why do I like music?

It's fun. That's quite obvious. Listening to music is fun for me especially when i can weed out the drums and listen to them as a single part of the song. And some songs are just easy to put into other parts of my life, like I have a playlist for my ipod when I run, and those are the songs I listen to when I run.

So to me, music is like a second part of me. It's the only part I really like about myself. Just kidding, I'm not emo or anything, but still, I love music, and someday, when I am an incredibly famous drummer, it will love me back.

-Mr. Nick


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers